This privacy statement applies to Global Gene Corporation Pte. Ltd. Mobile Application (with a formal application name of ggcME) that is owned and operated by Global Gene Corporation Pte. Ltd. Our Privacy Statement is designed to help you better understand how we collect, use, store, process, and transfer your information when operating our website, mobile apps, products, software and other services (collectively "Service" or "Services").
1. Key Definitions
- Aggregate Information: information that has been combined with that of other users and analyzed or evaluated as a whole, such that no specific individual may be reasonably identified.
- Anonymized Information: information that has been stripped of your Registration Information (e.g., your name and contact information) and other identifying data such that you cannot reasonably be identified as an individual.
- Individual-level Information: information about a single individual's genotypes, diseases or other traits/characteristics, but which is not necessarily tied to Registration Information.
- Personal Information: information that can be used to identify you, either alone or in combination with other information. Global Gene Corporation Pte. Ltd collects and stores the following types of Personal Information:
- Registration Information: information you provide about yourself when registering for and/or purchasing our Services (e.g. name, email, address, user ID and password, and payment information).
- Genetic Information: information regarding your genotype (e.g. the As, Ts, Cs, and Gs at particular locations in your genome), generated through processing of your blood by Global Gene Corporation Pte. Ltd or by its contractors, successors, or assignees; or otherwise processed by and/or contributed to Global Gene Corporation Pte. Ltd.
- User- Reported Information: all information about yourself, including your disease conditions, other health-related information, personal traits, ethnicity, family history, and other information that you enter into surveys, forms, or features while signed in to your Global Gene Corporation Pte. Ltd account.
- Sensitive Information: information about your health, Genetic Information, and certain User- Reported Information such as racial and ethnic origin and sexual orientation.
- User Content: all information, data, text, software, music, audio, photographs, graphics, video, messages, or other materials - other than Genetic Data and User- Reported Information-generated by users of GGC and its partner Services and transmitted, whether publicly or privately, to or through GGC.
- Service or Services: Global Gene Corporation Pte. Ltd's products, software, services, and website (including but not limited to text, graphics, images, and other material and information) as accessed from time to time by the user, regardless if the use is in connection with an account or not.
- We collect and handle information (i) to provide, analyze and improve our Services, (ii) as we reasonably believe is permitted by laws and regulations, including for marketing and advertising purposes, (iii) to protect the security and safety of our company, employees, customers, (iv) to comply with laws and regulations we are subject to.
- We will not sell, lease, or rent your individual-level information (i.e., information about any person's genotypes, diseases or other traits/characteristics) to any third-party or to a third-party for research purposes without your explicit consent.
- For better patient care, your health records that you upload via the app, will be shared with your immediate doctor(s).
- We understand and respect the sensitive nature of the information you may provide to us, including information about your genetic characteristics, disease conditions, racial and ethnicity, etc. To that end, we aim to be transparent in our collection, use and disclosure of this information and to ask for your explicit consent to share such sensitive information with third parties.
- We are committed to providing a safe and secure environment for our services.
Please review this Privacy Statement and our Terms of Service. By using our services, you agree to all of the policies and procedures described in the above mentioned documents. Global Gene Corporation Pte. Ltd., is headquartered at 100 Tras Street #16-01 100 AM, Singapore (079027).and is referred to herein as GGC (or "we," "us," "our") and includes all of our commonly owned companies.
3. What information we collect
- Information you provide directly to us
- User Registration Information.When you register an account with us or purchase our services, we may collect personal information, such as your name, date of birth, address, and contact information such as your email and phone number.
- User Service Information. When you use the service, we may collect details of how you used our service, including any queries made and cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User Reported Information.You have the option to provide us with additional information about yourself through surveys, forms, features or applications. For example, you may provide us with information about your personal traits (e.g., hair color, weight), ethnicity, disease conditions (e.g. Hyptension), other health-related information (e.g. arthritis, hearing problems, gastrointestinal problems), and family history information (e.g. similar data on the above mentioned about your family members). Please ensure that you have permission from your family member when you are disclosing their information.
- Customer support :When you contact our Customer Support Team or correspond with us about our service, we collect information to: track and respond to your inquiry, investigate any breach of our Terms of Service, Privacy Statement or applicable laws or regulations; and analyze and improve our services.
4. How we use and share information
Global Gene Corporation Pte. Ltd will use and share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
- Using information to provide, analyze and improve our Services
We use the information described above in Section 3 to analyze, provide, maintain, improve and enhance our services, including for the provision of new ones. We also may use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. These activities may include, among other things, using your information in a similar manner with other points mentioned in this privacy statement, to:
- open your account, enable purchases and process payments, communicate with you, and implement your requests (e.g., referrals);
- host our website, run our mobile application(s), authenticate your visits, provide custom, personalized content and information, and track your usage of our Services;
- conduct analytics to improve and enhance our services;
- offer new products or services to you, including through emails, promotions or contests;
- conduct surveys or polls, and obtain testimonials;
- process and deliver your genetic testing results;
- perform research & development activities, which may include, for example, conducting data analysis and research in order to develop new or improve existing products and services, and performing quality control activities.
You may be able to opt-in, opt-out or otherwise adjust your preferences of having your information used for certain of these activities. Please see below to learn more.
Global Gene Corporation Pte. Ltd, processes personal information on our servers, which may be located in many countries around the world. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
- Signing the Informed Consent
By signing the Informed Consent Form attached, you or your legal representative are authorizing (i) collection, access to, use and storage of your “Personal Data, and (ii) disclosure to authorised service providers and relevant third parties.
“Personal Data” means data about you which makes you identifiable (i) from such data or (ii) from that data and other information which an organisation has or likely to have access. This includes medical conditions, medications, investigations and treatment history.
Research arising in the future, based on this Personal Data, will be subject to review by the relevant institutional review board.
- Information we share with commonly owned entities or partner healthcare providers.
We may share some or all your information with other companies under common ownership or control of Global Gene Corporation Pte. Ltd, which may include our subsidiaries, our corporate parent, an affiliate, or any other subsidiaries owned by our corporate parent to provide you better service and improve user experience. We may provide additional notice and ask for your consent if we wish to share your information with our commonly owned entities in a materially different way than discussed in this Privacy Statement. We may also share some or all of your information with partner healthcare providers who are working with Global Gene Corporation Pte. Ltd, on collecting and analyzing the information. You have the right to request information from Global Gene Corporation Pte. Ltd that is related to the identity of a partner healthcare provider. We may provide additional notice and ask for your consent if we wish to share your information with a partner healthcare provider in a materially different way than discussed in this Privacy Statement.
- Disclosures required by law
Under certain circumstances your information may be subject to disclosure pursuant to judicial or other government subpoenas, warrants, or orders, or in coordination with regulatory authorities. GGC will preserve and disclose any and all information to law enforcement agencies or others if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal or regulatory process (such as a judicial proceeding, court order, or government inquiry) or obligations that GGC may owe pursuant to ethical and other professional rules, laws, and regulations; (b) enforce the GGC Terms of Service and other policies; (c) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of GGC, its employees, its users, its clients, and the public.
5. Your choices
- Access to your account: If yourregistration Information changes, you may access, correct or update most of it from your Account Settings section in the mobile application.
- Marketing communications: By registering for an account, you are agreeing that we may send you promotional emails about our services. You can opt-out of receiving messages or notifications from us by visiting your account section in the app or by contacting our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you may not opt-out of receiving non-promotional messages regarding your account, such as technical notices, purchase confirmations, or service-related emails.
- Account closure: If you no longer wish to continue using our Services or no longer wish to have your personal information be used, you may close your account by sending a request toCustomer Support. When closing an account, we remove all Genetic Information within your account (or profile) within thirty (30) days of our receipt of your request. As stated in any applicable Consent Document, however, Genetic Information and/or User- Reported Information that you have previously provided. In addition, we retain limited Registration Information related to your order history (e.g., name, contact, and transaction data) as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, as well as for accounting, audit and compliance purposes.
6. Important Information
- Business transactions: In the event that GGC goes through a business transition such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your information will likely be among the assets transferred. In such a case, your information would remain subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Statement.
- Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information. Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction.
If you have a security related issue, please contact us at email@example.com
7. Contact Information
If you have questions about this Privacy Statement, please email GGC’s customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org, or send a letter to:
Customer care team.
Global Gene Corporation Pte. Ltd.